Homer Glen is a village located in Will County and is a southwest suburb of Chicago. The village is a suburban gem offering a unique blend of open space, beautiful residential developments and some vibrant commercial corridors with significant commercial growth potential. Homer Glen is one of Will County’s largest municipalities, currently encompassing approximately 22 square miles and many are drawn to the area because of it’s many wooded lots, rolling terrain and convenient location with interstate 355 and 55, the commuter train and corporate aircraft accommodation just a short drive away. The village has 2 18-hole golf courses. The Forest Preserve District of Will County has over 1,300 acres of land within the Village, including the Forest Preserve District’s only equestrian trail.
The vast majority of housing in Homer Glen consists of single family homes. There are a couple communities with townhomes and condos. The Glockler Group knows Homer Glen – are third generation area natives – and have worked in the local Real Estate market for over four decades.
Thinking of buying or selling a home in the Homer Glen area? Call (708)529-5839 – The Glockler Group’s knowledge and expertise of the area and market go unmatched.
Homer Glen has received many accolades, including:
- ranked the #1 safest place to live in Illinois by Movoto. Of the 115 Illinois locations reviewed, Homer Glen was picked as the safest community due to the lowest number of reported crimes. Movoto praised Homer Glen’s all-around safety, noting “…there’s simply no better option” than Homer Glen. This “Safest Community in Illinois” honor is due to Homer Glen residents being committed to sustaining a safe community and to the ongoing good work of our Sheriff’s Department staff.
- designated the Village as an International Dark Sky Community (IDSC). Including Homer Glen, this highly distinguished honor has only been bestowed on four communities worldwide, to date. Homer Glen is the third such community to attain this award in the United States and the first community to do so east of the Mississippi River. The three communities that have previously been awarded this distinction are Flagstaff, Arizona, Borrego Springs, California, and the Isle of Sark, UK. The International Dark Sky Community Award from the IDA acknowledges that the Village has been selected as a community that has taken extraordinary steps in recognizing and preserving the natural night.
The village is located in Will County, which has seen great growth, including:
- 6,200 new jobs
- 21 million more square feet of space
- 40 business expansions
- $900 million in new investment
- Amazon, Ikea and General Mills built new warehouses, and the University of St. Francis and Joliet Junior College constructed new facilities.
- Silver Cross (hospital) broke ground on a new 100-bed behavioral health center
- Mars Candy moved into a 1.4 square foot complex, and four other 1 million square foot sites were built on speculation