Real Estate Superstitions…do you think there are such things?
Tomorrow is another Friday the 13th, so while we are all hoping a black cat doesn’t cross our path or we don’t open an umbrella indoors, let’s take a look at what some consider superstitions when it comes to real estate.
– Having an eight (8) in the listing or rental price is a sign of good luck and prosperity (pronounced similarly to the Chinese word for wealth and prosperity).
– The number 13 is considered unlucky by many…especially if it is on the 13th floor. Many high-rise building (especially residential buildings) skip the 13th floor.
– Properties that sit on curved roads or facing a ‘T’ intersection, some say, can invite bad fortune.
– Removing a for sale sign, or scheduling movers, etc. before it is a solid deal, some say, can jinx a transaction
– Hide knives when showing your home/in home home photos and don’t give a knife as a housewarming present, which some say leads to having enemies.
– Placing a statue of an elephant, or a pair of elephants, at the front door, some say, brings good luck, protection and strength to the household